Based in Swanwick, Hampshire, Fish Guidance Systems Ltd (FGS) is a small high-tech SME developing and manufacturing state of the art underwater Fish Deflection systems. The Company is now looking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Engineer to initially support and then work alongside our existing Senior Engineer on the electronics incorporated into our systems.
We are looking for an Embedded Engineer with a minimum 3 years commercial hardware and firmware development experience. Ideally you should have experience in the following:
- All aspects of the product life cycle from hardware design, commissioning and testing.
- Digital electronics design experience
- Analog electronics design experience, particularly with audio amplifiers.
- Use of Atmel ATxmega processors with associated I2C, SPI and serial interfaces.
- Programming and debugging in C using Atmel Visual Studio.
- Knowledge of PC computer systems and loading operating systems
- Optional – Programming in C# for Windows Forms, using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Practical problem solving at system, board and component level
- Computer skills – Microsoft Windows applications
- An essential attribute will be the ability to work both independently and also within a small team as well as to meet development deadlines.
In return we offer a competitive salary, expected to be £28-£35k depending upon experience and qualifications, 25 days annual holiday and the opportunity to develop your career in a niche market.
Applications can be sent to [email protected]
No agencies please.